Frequently Asked Questions/ FAQ
I. About More Fun Prepaid Card
a. Security Features?
Has 16 digit Card Number
Card Validity is 18 months
Card carries Cardholder's name
With signature panel at the back where cardholder signs the card
Has CVC 2/Card Verification 2 (3 digit number located at the right of the signature panel)
b. What are More Fun Prepaid Cards?
More Fun Prepaid Cards are reloadable Visa prepaid cards issued by BPI that can be used to pay for online purchases as well as purchases from accredited shops and restaurants here and abroad where VISA is accepted.
For the design of the card, clients can choose from the pre-selected images or can upload their own It’s More Fun in the Philippines-inspired photo and create their own witty statements
Purchases using the More Fun Prepaid Card do not require any PIN. When paying inside stores or restaurants just present your card and sign the sales slip.
c. When will my card expire?
Your card will expire eighteen (18) months from the day you purchased your card. The card is valid until the date (mm/yy) printed on the card below the text “Valid Thru”.
d. Does the card have a required maintaining balance?
No. Since More Fun Prepaid Card is not a deposit account, it does not require a maintaining balance.
e. If there is money left in my card, will it earn interest?
No, because More Fun Prepaid Card is a prepaid card and not a deposit account.
f. Is this a credit card?
No. More Fun Prepaid Card is a reloadable prepaid card, so you have to load the card with money before you can use it to make purchases. But similar with a credit card, it can be used in all stores – online, in the Philippines and abroad, wherever Visa is accepted.
g. How do I check my card balance?
Send BALEC <16-digit card number> to 2274 for Globe and TM or 3274 for Smart and Talk ‘n Text subscribers. Standard SMS charges apply.
Cardholders may also check balance thru the self-service line of our service hotline 89-100
• Dial 89-100
• Press 4 for Express Cash
• Press 1 for Balance Inquiry
• Key-in your 16-digit More Fun Prepaid Card number
h. Can I check my balance using a BPI ATM?
1. No. Your More Fun Prepaid Card cannot be used at the ATMs.
II. Card Application
a. How can I get a More Fun Prepaid Card?
You can get a More Fun Prepaid Card by applying online at http://www.bpicards.com/morefun site
b. What do I need to apply for a card?
You will need to go to the bpicards.com website and accomplish the online form. You need to prepare the payment for the card’s purchase fee and one (1) valid ID for card claiming.
c. Can I get a card even if I’m based outside Metro Manila?
Yes. More Fun Prepaid Card will be available nationwide.
d. How old do I need to be to get a card?
People who are 10 years old and above can apply for a More Fun Prepaid Card Card.
e. How long does it take to receive a card?
The card will be available for pick-up in your nominated branch in GMMA five (5) banking days after submission of card application. For nominated branches outside GMMA, Visayas or Mindanao, the card will be available for pick-up seven (7) banking days after submission of card application.
III. Loading and Reloading
a. How do I load money to my card?
1. I have a BPI/ BPI Family Savings Bank deposit account.
You can easily transfer funds at your most convenient time from your BPI Account to your More Fun Prepaid Card through the following BPIelectronic channels. Service fees may apply:
i. BPI Express Online
ii. BPI ATMs
iii. BPI Express Deposit Machines
iv. BPI Express Mobile
v. BPI Express Phone 89-100
2. I don’t have a BPI/ BPI Family Savings Bank deposit account.
You can visit any BPI/BPI Family Savings Bank branch and reload your card through Over-The-Counter deposit.
b. How much can I load to my card?
You can load up to a maximum of One Hundred Thousand Pesos (P100,000) every month.
IV. Card Usage
a. Where can I use my card?
You can use your card wherever Visa is accepted:
• At most websites and online shopping sites.
• At all Visa affiliated stores in the Philippines
• At all Visa affiliated stores worldwide.
b. How do I use it to pay online?
Use it like how you use a credit card for online payments:
1. Select Visa as mode of payment
2. Input the following card details:
i. 16-digit More Fun Prepaid Card number
ii. CVC 2/ Card Verification Code 2 (the last 3 digits found at the signature panel of your card)
iii. Card Validity period
3. Confirm the transaction.
c. What is a CVC/ CVC2?
The CVC or Card Verification Code is a 3-digit code that can be seen at the back of your More Fun Prepaid Card, at the right of the signature panel.
d. I used my card but my transaction was declined, what do I do?
For concerns regarding More Fun Prepaid Card transactions, please dial 89-100 and any of our phonebankers will be happy to assist. We recommend that you always make sure your card has sufficient load prior to making purchases and verify that all card details and personal information you encoded online is correct before you finalize your online purchases to prevent getting declined transactions.
e. How do I use it to pay in shops, and any other store?
1. Present your More Fun Prepaid Card to the cashier.
2. Sign the sales slip.
f. Can I withdraw cash from my More Fun Prepaid Card at ATMs?
No. More Fun Prepaid Cards cannot be used at ATMs.
g. Can I withdraw over-the-counter at a BPI/ BPI Family Savings Bank branch?
No. More Fun Prepaid Card does not have withdrawal functionality.
h. Is there a charge everytime I use my card?
BPI does not charge additional fees when you use your More Fun Prepaid card for purchases. All additional fees such as registration fees and surcharges dependent on the merchant’s policy.
V. Lost/ stolen and expired cards
a. I lost my card, what do I do?
Dial 89-100 (+63-2-89-10000 if abroad) and press 5 to report the card as lost/ stolen, so that the card can immediately be blocked. This is to make sure that your card can’t be used by anyone else.
b. The card I lost still has load in it. Can I get my money back?
Yes. However, any purchase transactions using lost cards on dates before the card was reported as lost/ stolen will be considered as transactions done by the cardholder and will not be reimbursed.
c. How can I get my money back?
You can apply online for a new card where your unused load from your lost card will be transferred to. Once you have the new card, you may request for the transfer of balance from the old to the new card by calling our service hotline 89-100.
d. What if I don’t want to get my card replaced, how do I get my money back?
To get your reimbursement, you may request for a Manager’s Check or have your card balance transferred to your BPI deposit account, subject to service charges.
e. What if I lose my card while I’m traveling abroad, who do I contact?
Dial our international hotline +63-2-89-10000 to talk to any of our phonebankers.
f. My card expired but it still has load in it, can I get my money back?
You can apply online for a new card where your unused load from your lost card will be transferred to. Once you have the new card, you may request for the transfer of balance from the old to the new card by calling our service hotline 89-100. Cards that are expired for more than One hundred - Twenty (120) days are subject to monthly maintenance fee.
MOREFUN PREPAID CARD IMAGE GUIDELINES
The appearance or interpretation of any of the following on apparel, banners and signs in the foreground or background of photos is prohibited, including but not limited to:
MOREFUN PREPAID CARD IMAGE GUIDELINES
The appearance or interpretation of any of the following on apparel, banners and signs in the foreground or background of photos is prohibited, including but not limited to:
BPI Prepaid Cards Purchase Agreement
IMPORTANT: Address, date of birth, and other details must be those of the Cardholder and the Purchaser. Please read this Purchase Agreement carefully.
1. THE CARD - Shall refer to BPI Prepaid Cards, such as Express Cash, Express Money Order, Express Cash Gift Cards, Express Cash Photo Gift Cards, My ePrepaid and More Fun Prepaid Card, which are affiliated with MasterCard, Visa or a local proprietary Card, or such other Cards to be issued by BPI, which can be purchased for personal use or as a gift to a third party, or for whatever legal reason it may serve.
2. CARDHOLDER/ BEARER/PURCHASER - The term “Cardholder/Bearer” shall refer to (i) a person who purchases or avails of a Card for his/her own use or (ii) the person for whom or for whose use a Card is purchased. The term “Purchaser” shall refer to the person who purchases or avails of a Card for his/her own use or for the use of another.
For generic/nameless Cards, the Purchaser agrees to be solely and exclusively bound
by the Purchase Agreement for the issuance of the Prepaid Card for the use of another.
All Cards should be signed by the relevant Cardholder and are non-transferable.
3. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CARDHOLDER - The Cardholder agrees to (i) sign the Card immediately upon receiving it and (ii) safeguard the Card as if it were cash. BPI may, at its option, assign a system-generated personal identification number (PIN) to a Card (except for BPI Express Cash Gift Card, BPI Express Cash Photo Gift Card, My ePrepaid, and More Fun Prepaid Card) to enable the Cardholder to withdraw cash or do balance inquiries via the ATM. It is also advised that the Cardholder immediately change this initial PIN and nominate his own PIN.
4. USES AND LIMITATIONS OF THE CARD - The Cardholder can use BPI Prepaid Cards to pay for purchases and services availed. All BPI Prepaid Cards are not deposit accounts, and the value stored is not insured by the Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC). Enumerated below are the specific uses for the Cards:
For BPI Express Cash and BPI Express Money Order, the Card can be used to pay for purchases and services availed at any MasterCard-affiliated establishment nationwide. It can also be used for balance inquiry, cash withdrawal, prepaid mobile phone reload and fund transfer to another BPI Prepaid Card via BPI ATMs nationwide. The withdrawal is limited to a maximum of Ten Thousand Pesos (P10.000.00) per day. The Card cannot be used for Over-the-Counter withdrawals at any BPI/BPI Family Savings Bank branch.
For BPI Express Cash Gift Card and Express Cash Photo Gift Card, the Card can be used to pay for purchases and services availed at any MasterCard-affiliated establishment nationwide.
BPI My ePrepaid can be used for payments of any purchases made online at any MasterCard-affiliated website and payments of purchases and services at any MasterCard-affiliated establishment worldwide. Payment transactions made abroad using such Card will be converted at the exchange rate on the date the transaction is posted. In cases of return of goods, tickets, and other services obtained through the use of the Card where the merchant permits such return, the Cardholder agrees to absorb any loss or gain in relation to the exchange rate which may be charged to the Card. Payment transactions made online and/or abroad using the Card are subject to the regulations, controls, or limitations imposed by the merchant, institution and/or country.
The More Fun Prepaid Card can be used for payments of any purchases made online at any Visa-affiliated website and payments of purchases and services at any Visa-affiliated establishment worldwide. Payment transactions made abroad using such Card will be converted at the exchange rate on the date the transaction is posted. In cases of return of goods, tickets, and other services obtained through the use of the Card where the merchant permits such return, the Cardholder agrees to absorb any loss or gain in relation to the exchange rate which may be charged to the Card. Payment transactions made online and/or abroad using the Card are subject to the regulations, controls, or limitations imposed by the merchant, institution and/or country.
BPI Express Cash Gift Card, Express Cash Photo Gift Card, My ePrepaid and More Fun Prepaid Card cannot be used for cash withdrawals at BPI ATMs or at BPI or BPI Family Savings Bank branches.
5. ACCREDITED ESTABLISHMENTS - BPI has agreed with MasterCard International that Cards bearing the MasterCard or MasterCard Electronic logo shall be honored at all MasterCard-affiliated merchants with electronic terminals. Cards with Internet shopping functionality can also be used in MasterCard-affiliated shopping sites through an online payment facility. However, BPI shall not be responsible/liable to the Cardholder if for any reason, the Card is not accepted.
BPI has also agreed with Visa that Cards bearing the Visa or Visa Electronic logo shall be honored at all Visa-affiliated merchants with electronic terminals. Cards with Internet shopping functionality can also be used in Visa-affiliated shopping sites through an online payment facility. However, BPI shall not be responsible/liable to the Cardholder if for any reason, the Card is not accepted.
6. CARD VALUE - The value of the Card is determined by the Cardholder or Purchaser by simply loading value in the Card. The minimum amount that can be loaded is Five Hundred Pesos (P500.00) while the maximum is Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000.00). The aggregate load limit per client per month is subject to BSP Circular 649 (Guidelines Governing the Issuance of Electronic Money). Only cash and its equivalent (e.g. fund transfer from a deposit account) shall be accepted for loading value into the Card. The Bank reserves the right to, without notice and without liability, deactivate Cards exceeding the load and balance limit. No checks shall be accepted for loading value into the Card. The Cardholder may check the balance of the Card by inquiring via: (i) Express Phone (89-100); (ii) any Express Teller ATM nationwide (if Card has a valid 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN); (iii) Express Online, provided the Card has been enrolled in the Purchaser's/Cardholder's Express Online account, or (iv) by texting using a mobile phone. Key in BALEC <16 digit BPI Prepaid Card number> and send to 2274 for Globe and Touch Mobile and 3274 for SMART & Talk ‘n Text.
7. CARD RELOAD - The Card can be reloaded by the Cardholder, the Purchaser, or by a third party with additional value any time as long as it has not yet expired, and the total value in the Card at any time does not exceed Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000.00). Reloading the Card with additional value can be done via Over-the-Counter (OTC) cash deposit at any BPI or BPI Family Savings Bank branch nationwide and BPI Express Deposit Machines. Funds transfer from an existing deposit account to the Card can also be done thru: (i) Express Phone (89-100) (ii) Express Online (www.bpiexpressonline.com) (iii) all Express Teller ATMs nationwide (iv) Express Mobile, and (v) all Express Deposit Machines. The actual time of crediting the load will depend on what channel was used to reload. Some channels may also require pre-enrollment or encoding of passwords, security numbers, or codes before reloading can be done.
8. EXPIRY AND RENEWAL OF THE CARD - Unless earlier terminated by BPI, voluntarily cancelled, or returned by the Cardholder, the Card shall be valid from the day of issuance or renewal up to the last day of the month indicated on the face of the Card. Only the Cardholder may request for the renewal of the Card, which should be accomplished within One Hundred Twenty (120) days from Card expiry date thru: (i) Express Phone (89-100), subject to Positive Identification (PID) or (ii) any BPI or BPI Family Savings Bank branch. The Cardholder must accomplish all requirements set by BPI at the time of request. BPI has the right whether to approve or deny the renewal request. The Cardholder agrees that if no request for renewal is submitted/called in to BPI, a monthly maintenance fee* shall be charged to the Card beginning on the One Hundred Twenty First (121st) day from Card's expiry date. In case the request for renewal is denied for whatever reason, a Manager’s Check in the name of the Cardholder with the amount equivalent to the remaining load at the time of expiry will be issued within Ninety (90) days.
The More Fun Prepaid Card cannot be renewed so cardholders shall be required to purchase a new one online.
9. CARD INACTIVITY AND EXPIRY FEES - A Card not used for One Hundred Twenty (120) continuous days shall be automatically placed in inactive status. BPI may, at its option, impose a reasonable inactivity fee* for any Card that has been in inactive status at the end of each month. Once the value of the inactive Card becomes zero, it shall be automatically closed. Similarly, a Card with value not claimed One Hundred Twenty (120) days after its expiry date shall be assessed a monthly maintenance fee* to be computed starting on the One Hundred Twenty First day (121st) after the expiry date. It shall be automatically deducted from the Card balance. Redemption of balances from expired Cards shall be net of these fees. Should the Card balance become zero as a result of the fees deducted, the Card shall likewise be closed. BPI reserves the right to impose additional fees as may be necessary in providing this service.
Kung ang Card ay hindi nagamit sa loob ng Isang Daan at Dalawampung (120) sunod-sunod na araw mula sa pagka-issue o huling transaksyong gamit ito, ang Card ay agad-agad malalagay sa inactive status. Maaaring maningil ang BPI ng inactivity fee* sa katapusan ng bawat buwan. Sa oras na maubos ang balanse ng Card, ito ay kaagarang isasara. Anumang Card na may nalalabing balanse matapos ang Isang Daan at Dalawampung (120) araw pagkaraan ng expiry date ay maaaring mapatawan ng maintenance fee* kada buwan na sisingilin mula sa unang araw matapos ang Isang Daan at Dalawampung (120) araw. Ito ay agarang mababawas sa balanse ng Card. Anumang balanse na matitira matapos mabawasan ng service maintenance fee* ay ang halagang maaaring makuha ng Cardholder. Sa oras na maubos ang balanse ng Card ng service maintenance fee*, ang Card ay kaagarang isasara. Ang BPI ay may karapatan magpataw ng anumang fees para sa serbisyong ito.
10. LOSS OF THE CARD - A lost Card is like lost cash. BPI shall block the Card and load value on the Card remaining at the time a lost/stolen Card is reported. Cardholder should immediately call 89-100 or if abroad, BPI toll-free numbers listed on BPI Express Online. Reimbursement of unused load value in the Card can be claimed after Ninety (90) days from report of loss. This will be either in the form of a Manager’s Check made payable to the Cardholder or a replacement Card, both of which shall be subject to service fees*. Losses due to the use of a lost/stolen Card before the loss or theft has been reported shall be for the account of the Cardholder.
Sumasang-ayon ang Cardholder na kinakailangang tumawag agad sa 89-100, at kung nasa abroad, tumawag sa mga toll-free numbers ng BPI na nakatala sa BPI Express Online upang ipaalam ang pagkawala o pagkanakaw ng kanyang Card. Oras na matanggap ng BPI ang tawag, agarang iba-block ang anumang transaksyon para sa Card na ito. Kung sakaling nagamit ang Card bago ito naitawag na nawawala o nanakaw, ang anumang pagkawala o pagkabawas ng pera ay para sa account ng Cardholder. Sumasang-ayon rin ang Cardholder na maaari lamang makuha ang anumang nalalabing balanse sa Card makalipas ang Siyamnapung (90) araw matapos itawag ang pagkakawala ng Card sa pamamagitan ng Manager’s Check na nakapangalan sa Cardholder o kaya’y pagpapalit ng bagong Card na may karampatang service fees*.
11. REPLACEMENT OF DAMAGED CARDS - BPI shall replace a damaged Card for free if it still has its full ORIGINAL load value and HAS NOT BEEN USED for any transaction. In the event the damaged Card has less than its original value and/or has already been used by the Cardholder for any transaction, BPI shall issue a replacement Card with value equal to the remaining balance of the damaged Card, subject to Cardholder's payment of service fees*. The replacement Card can be claimed Five (5) banking days for nominated GMMA branches and Seven (7) banking days for nominated non-GMMA branches including Visayas and Mindanao after BPI receives the replacement request.
12. SETTLEMENT OF FINANCIAL LOSSES - Financial losses of the Cardholder arising from security breaches, system failures, or errors committed by BPI or any BPI personnel shall be settled by automatic credit to the Card. If the Cardholder wishes to discontinue using the Card, BPI shall issue a Manager’s Check made payable to the Cardholder equivalent to the unused load. Settlement of losses shall only be done after investigations conducted by BPI and/or its affiliates.
Ang financial losses ng Cardholder o pagkabawas ng balanse ng Card na dulot ng security breaches, system failures, o anumang errors ng BPI o empleyado ng BPI ay pagbabayaran sa pamamagitan ng pag-credit sa Card. Kung gusto naman ng Cardholder na itigil na ang paggamit ng Card, magbibigay ng Manager’s Check ang BPI na nakapangalan sa Cardholder na naglalaman ng katumbas na balanse ng Card. Ang pag-aayos nito ay gagawin lamang pagkatapos maimbistigahan ng BPI o ng mga affiliates nito ang kaso.
13. SERVICE CHARGE AND OTHER FEES - The Cardholder and the Purchaser recognize the right of BPI to impose charges such as service fees*, loading fees*, and other fees* on any or all of its products, services, and facilities. The Cardholder and/or Purchaser agree to pay such service charges and fees presently imposed or may in the future be imposed by BPI at its option. As necessary, the amount of said service charges and fees may also be revised by BPI from time to time. The Cardholder and/or Purchaser may be notified of new or revised charges or fees thru any of the following: (i) BPI ATMs; (ii) www.bpiexpressonline.com; (iii) BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank branches; or (iv) other communication channels available to BPI.
Kinikilala ng Cardholder at ng Purchaser ang karapatan ng BPI na maningil para sa mga produkto, serbisyo, at mga pasilidad na ibinibigay nito. Sumasang-ayon ang Cardholder at/o Purchaser na magbayad ng anumang pangkasalukuyang charges tulad ng service fees*, loading fees* o anumang fees* sa BPI sa hinaharap. Ang BPI ay maaaring magdagdag ng service fees* o magsagawa ng pagbabago sa halaga ng nasabing service fees* anumang oras. Ito ay maaaring ipagbigay alam sa pamamagitan ng anunsyo sa: (i) BPI ATMs; (ii) www.bpiexpressonline.com; (iii) mga sangay ng BPI o BPI Family Savings Bank; o (iv) iba pang communication channels ng BPI.
14. UNCLAIMED CARDS - Card can be claimed after Five (5) banking days for nominated Branches in GMMA and Seven (7) banking days for nominated Branches in non-GMMA including Visayas and Mindanao. Any Card unclaimed after Thirty (30) days from the time of delivery to the nominated Branch shall be perforated for security reasons. Any Cardholder who fails to claim his Card within such prescribed period shall be required to purchase a new one.
15. COMPLIANCE WITH EXISTING LAWS - The Cardholder and Purchaser hereby warrant that the use of the Card, including but not limited to the transfer and/or receipt of funds using the Card and the available channels for the Card, do not and will not violate the Anti-Money Laundering Law, as amended as well as other applicable laws, rules, or regulations. By signing this Agreement or using the Card, the Cardholder and Purchaser hereby agree to render BPI, its officers, employees, and representatives, free and harmless and to indemnify BPI from any liabilities, damages, suits, or causes of action whatsoever which may arise from any violation of said laws, rules, or regulations. Moreover, BPI, upon reasonable suspicion of fraud, irregularity, or anomaly involving the Card may automatically block the use thereof and initiate investigation.
16. AMENDMENTS - BPI may, at anytime and for whatever reason it may deem proper, amend, revise, or modify this Agreement. Any such amendment shall bind the Cardholder and Purchaser upon date of effectivity as specified on the notice, whichever is earlier. The Cardholder or Purchaser may have his Card terminated within Fifteen (15) days from notice if he refuses to be bound by the amendment. Failure to notify BPI of Cardholder's or Purchaser's intention to terminate his Card shall be construed as acceptance by the Cardholder of the amendments to this Agreement.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - BPI shall not be liable to the Cardholder or Purchaser for any loss, damage, claim, cost, or other liability arising from the Agreement or the use or misuse of the Card unless solely and directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of BPI or its officers, employees, or representatives. BPI's liability shall not exceed Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000.00) or the actual proven amount lost, whichever is lower.
18. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS - The Cardholder's or Purchaser's signature herein, or by Cardholder's use of the Card, or the Cardholder's receipt of the Card from the Purchaser, if Cardholder is not the Purchaser, constitutes Cardholder's agreement to and acceptance of these terms and conditions and the Terms and Conditions of the Bank of the Philippine Islands governing PRODUCTS, SERVICES, FACILITIES, AND CHANNELS. The Cardholder and Purchaser fully understand the corresponding risk entailed in availing of such products, facilities, services, and channels. The Cardholder and Purchaser agree to any and all supplement(s), modification(s), or amendment(s) of such terms and conditions, notices of which shall be posted in the Bank’s premises, website, or any other channel where available.
*The applicable fees and charges shall be published in the Bank's website at Client Updates portion from time to time and made an integral part hereof.